RE: [VAL] original interiors and sandblasting

I was able to match a section under an old mirror that had not been
varnished with Home Depot's Taupe color wash, then finish with a clear Deft
finish (semi-gloss) to almost exactly match the original whitewash finish. I
pulled all doors off, and sanded with a fine grain orbital sander. Here is a
photo of what this turned out like (and before). More photos on vintage
airstream, 1968 24' Tradewind. I have also sandblasted surfaces and agree,
don't do it. Paper sanding is hard but worth the effort.
Jim