[VAL] Work continues on 'Bob' 1969 Globe Trotter

Hi everyone,

A quick update on this weekends work.

Rust has eaten most of the last 4 foot of rear chassis, and its gone at the
bumper, cabin boundary. Good news is the upper section of the main chassis is
good metal, so all repairable, in fact, we were going to chop off the bumper
mounts and fit a mountain bike rack (extend bumper mounting and store box by
approx 8" and then put the original bumper on that.

The floor is rotten, we mean rotten.

The body leaks in many places, causing rotten floor and rust. water is coming
in around the aircon unit.

So

We stripped EVERYTHING! (Not the aircon unit)

We took up sections of floor until we found dry land.

Next, Canopy and light fittings off, we are pretty sure this is where water is
coming in, plus we had a dented panel that had left the join trim. Then new
water seals on all windows and doors.

Then, once I can use a fire hose on the body anywhere and no water comes in,
we will take off the underbelly skin, and power brush down to good metal the
whole chassis, fabricate and fit the extended bumper, rust neutralizer cote,
red oxide coat and then two coats of hammerite the chassis.

Then we can put the floor back!

Photos available at http://belmont.smugmug.com/

Cheers, and next time I get once from Nevada and not Florida!

Jon Adams
1969 Globe Trotter #134
London, England