[VAL] F150 tow unit questions ( help )

have an F150 2000 with 86,000 miles   (4.6 liter )  ( V8  )

Ford motor company will not respond to probem ,  just say take to dealer !!!!!!!!!

the tail pipe blows out oil smoke on crank up about 60-70% of the  time

A Ford Dealer had me to change oil to 5W-20 ( manual says 5W-30 )  motorcraft
multiblend ( half synthic and half regular oil ( Ford says only  motorcraft
oil will work to stop the smoking )

This slowed the smoking on crankup down to 40-50% of the time

I say the F150 needs valve guide seals   !!!!!    WHAT IS ANYONE ELSE
DIAGNOSIS  ??????????/

also I believe ( had different campers from 1970 and always use 10W-30  )
that the 5W-20 is to light of a motor oil for long trips,  desert trips . and
mountain trips ( maximun towing )

I have a full service contract that runs out in March 2007 and Ford is just
trying to get out of fixing it

I have also had this problem with other tow units and put in valve guides
and it stopped the start up smoking

But I do not  know anything about these new motors    (  rebuild motors up to
mid 1980 )

anything would be very very very helpful   ( same problem with  same F150 4.6
V8  would be great )

jerry  dunlap