Re: [VAL] replacement foam

> Can anyone recommend a place (online or otherwise that may ship) to get foam
> rubber? We are in desperate need of new bed and gaucho foam! Reasonably
> priced would be good too!
>
> Scott
> 1960 Overlander

Used to be the local upholstery shop in Ames had a warehouse full of
foam of various thicknesses and strengths. And thought it was made of
gold. For several years the business and buildings have been for sale,
since they have stayed on the market without selling I presume the owner
thinks its a gold mine.

There should be similar places making mattresses and cushions around
Iowa City, Davenport, or Cedar Rapids.

For several years the Pamida store at Palmira Missouri had a few pads in
stock, 4" thick, twin bed width probably, but once they sold those or
gave up on selling them they didn't get more. Try SBC yellow pages
searching for custom foam mattresses and upholstery.

--
Gerald J.
Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer