Re: [VAL] reply to Dick re: low-tech Airstreams / iPod question

> Dick - since you ask, yes, we agree with your no-TV approach too. We
> have enuf hi-tech every day at work, at home ... when we're in our
> Airstream, we want to listen to the whispering pines and all other
> good things nature provides. Different approaches for different folks.
>
> QUESTION - where do you get vintage radio programs that can be
> downloaded to iPod? Can I legally download NPR programs? How do I do
> that? (I have a basic iPod still in its box). Which amplification
> system do you recommend? (are there 12 volt systems?)

Marg -  I prefer to purchase my music and radio programs.  Many of my
tunes are from CDs I have from the past which I've put on the iPod.  I
also have purchased songs from the iTunes store www.apple.com/itunes/.

Some of the old radio programs have been purchased from
www.YourRadioShows.com.  They don't cost much, and I have the CDs as
backup.

In order to simulate a radio, I use a gadget called Sonic Impact by
iFusion which has speakers and an internal battery that will outlast an
iPod's battery several times before recharging is necessary from a 120
volt line.  It's small, 6 by 9 by 3 inches.  I've been very pleased
with its performance.

I have a charger for my iPod that fits into the truck's lighter socket.
  I also can use it in the Airstream using 12 volts.

As for NRP programs, I'm not up on which ones are available for
download.  Sorry.

Sorry for taking so long to respond.  Our DSL connection is down.  I've
had to use the connection at the office or else find a wyfi connection
while driving around town.  Hope this info helps.

Dick & Rose Ann Harold
Noblesville, Indiana
1972 Airstream Trade Wind
WBCCI #8551