[VAL] Trivia stumper (to me at least).

    All,

    Jon's email below including his unit number brings to mind a question
about how Airstream numbering was done.  Jon's 1969 Globetrotter is #134
while my 1969 Caravel is #508.

    Did each model and length unit have its own set of sequential numbers or
did all of one year's production get lumped together?  For that matter, did
the model numbers continue until a major design change through year after
year?

    In boat production building circles, Ericson for example, each model had
its own number set that ran through to the next year but if a totally new
design of lets say a 25 foot boat was developed, the numbering would start
the next hundred higher.  For example let's say that the last number of an
old design 25 ended as hull #438, well the new design of that same length
would be hull #501.

    Regards,

    Glyn