[VAL] LED components

Dr. Gerald,
Thank you for those explanations. I have constantly wired the individual
resistors, but only by insistent instructions without reasonable explanation
and that explanation really helped. The individual resistors also seem to
have no failure or noticeable heat. My elevator has continued operation
since 1989 with no failures of current flow and indicator purposed LED's
over micro switching. I used 10 singles in push switches, 4 duals on the
board controller, and none on the hydraulic unit. Operation is by 24vdc and
battery life on a nightly timed charger has been a total of one set and the
replacement set I am still using in all this time. Sometime I will
photograph what I can and send you pictures if you care to see them. The
LED's with the individual resistors don't seem to fail and once I had a
charger failure and the batteries lasted over three weeks without charging.

I don't think I understand Hi-Flux in the now obsolete Lightwave Infiniton
D1 and C1 Hi-Flux=30 Lumens and the never produced D3 and C3 Hi-Flux=80
Lumens. Why, since the light is so good, did it fail as a product along with
the new 80 Lumens product? They still work and are extremely good. Is it the
relatively high cost? Instead of advancement, it simply died off. Why?

-Eddie-