[VAL] Age and Growing Old are 2 different thing!

Well today's file is 50+ KB long....that must mean Summer is about over and
the trailer's are beginning to head for the barn one more time....

In fact Southeastern Washington is currently enjoying yet another famous
Indian Summer.

Jim - you probably are one of the youngest minds (and spirits) on the list and
we need more of you!

I don't think "Vintage" versus "Non-Vintage" has much to do with anything except
numbers on a calendar.

Life really is all about the experience(s) we encounter and share and work with
as we live our lives from one year to the next.

To me it boils down to this: when you get up in the morning are you eager to look
outside and see what the sky and weather are up to?  Or...are you too busy looking
in a mirror or minding someone else's business?

Are you eager to head out the door for a morning cup of coffee and a chat with a
friend or two or three?  Or...are you too busy being pissed off by someone or about
something?  Are you into grinding an axe or polishing rocks?  Are you happier with
flying sparks or a tantilizing reflection?

At age 54...and on the doorway of my next adventure....I've decided to simply ignore
all those who go out of their way to box me out as I enjoy a sense of humor and a sense
of friendship (some people are way too focused on enjoying friendship as only they
define the concept).  I've decided to simply ignore all those who go out of their way to
fend off my sense of diplomacy and care for the world around me.  I've decided to simply
ignore all those who go out of their way to tell me to take my trailer hobby interests
"someplace else"....and....I've decided to simply listen and observe more and talk less
and enjoy the humor and beauty that surrounds us as much as possible.

Meanwhile....my '57 Flying Cloud, my '74 Silver Streak Continental Supreme (which I am
currently living in while I search for a new home) and the '79 Minuet 6.7 (almost a done
deal) look forward to whatever the future holds and whomever we happen to cross paths with
(and share stories with).

Life is too short to do otherwise.

Jim - I look forward to your coming West.  We can talk boats until the cows come home.

RL McFarland