[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V3 #333

> I have a 1977 31 ft. Soveriegn with center bath, It also has disc brakes.
> I need to replace the pads on the brakes. Does anyone know what those disc
> brakes were originally manufactured for. >

Tony,

I have the same trailer as yours.  Living in central British Columbia, I
wanted to find the pads locally rather than order from California, to save
border tax, shipping, and the outrageous border brokerage fees that certain
overnight shippers tack on.  I went to every parts shop in town--no luck.
At a specialty brake supply house, another customer saw my Airstream service
manual on the counter and immediately said that that brake pad was from a
logging skidder (Farmer??--can't remember the name for sure).  I went to the
heavy equipment dealer he recommended, and we found a full sized drawing of
the same pad in his old parts manuals.  No longer available....

Another Airstream fellow emailed me the technical drawings for the disc
brake system.  It was made by Ausco in the US.  I had called them as well,
but they said, "No longer available...."

Anyway, I blew the moths out of my wallet and ordered from Inland RV.  Fit
right, first time.

Best of luck,

Gary H.
Prince George, BC