Re: [VAL] Screen Door

> I picked up a screen door from a Katrina Airstream for our '65 Caravel.
> For those who have a 1965+ trailer with a screen door, how does it stay
> secured to the main door when not in use, i.e. both doors are open.  Clips?
> Roller latches?  Anyone have pictures they could share?

Hi RJ:

Mine was originally secured with a magnet arrangement.  Small magnet in a
plastic housing riveted to one door and a steel plate to the other.  About
an inch or so rectangle (as I recall).  Mine failed so that the screen door
wouldn't stay stuck to the main door anymore.  After some cogitating, I came
up with what I think is a pretty slick arrangement employing a small marine
item called a "fast pin" and a small aluminum plate with a hole drilled in
the middle riveted to the main door.  The fast pin goes though the hole in
the screen door where the screw that held the round knob was.  I just twist
and pull the pin and the doors separate, the fast pin being captive in the
screen door.

I have several photos of this arrangement if you would like to see them.
Lemme know and I'll e-mail 'em to ya.

GQ '67 Safari in NorCA (over the hill from you)