Re: [VAL] Refinishing shower floor and sink

I wish that I had read this discussion before refinishing the tub and sink in
my '73 land yacht this summer.  After much phoning around, I settled on an
epoxy pool paint that a reputable local paint dealer recommended.  Following
the recommedation of the paint dealer I applied the paint with china bristle
brushes.  I had a hell of a time getting the resin/base proportion right, and
even when I did, drips would appear an hour or more after I had applied a coat.
Also, try as I would, I just couldn't avoid brush marks.
Nevertheless, the plastic in the bathroom now looks much better than it did
before, and its so tough tha I think that you could bounce bullets off of it.
I'll post the brand name of the type of pool paint if anyone is interested.
The paint fumes must have burned out that portion of my memory.
Tom Dolan
Portland, OR