[VAL] Break wiring

I have just finally gotten around to installing the  second new axle under
The Silver Albatross I opped to use Dexter axles had  to re drill the frame so I
have bolted both to the side frame and also through  bolted to the channel (I
am getting too old for this) my question is I noted  that both wires leading
out from the drums are the same color Is it possible  that the axles are
grounded to the trailer and I only need to hook up the line  from the plug to one
and the other goes to the break away switch? I need to run  new wires as there
is a problem with the original wiring and it is easier to run  new lines than
to trouble shoot the old wiring.
Jim Smith
1965 Trade Wind (The Silver Albatross)
1992 Dodge Cummins Diesel.