RE: [VAL] Refinishing shower floor and sink

I know on the show (www.theVAP.com) Colin has talked about using a two-part
epoxy automotive paint as well as a plastic primer.  I believe they are PPG
products.  Colin has recently painted his ABS tub with it and it has come
out like new.

I have looked into it and determined that since I'm not really setup to
spray paint, don't have the equipment and have never done it, I'm going to
try something else.  I have looked into the PPG materials needed and it came
out to around $220 for the supplies.

I ended up ordering from www.tubbyusa.com.  Their product is a tub
refinishing kit that includes everything you need for $75.  And it
specifically says plastic on their website.  I even called to double check
ABS plastic and they said it was fine.

The real concern is, how will the epoxy finish hold up to the flexing of a
plastic tub.  Hard to say, time will tell.

It is the kind of thing you only want to do once while you have it out.  I
hope I don't regret this later!

-Tim
theVAP.com