Re: [VAL] New floor repair technique

Jo Ann,

 The epoxy is brittle. However, I've used the West  additives for fairing and
bonding. I have to say, what I've bonded with  epoxy is unbelievably strong.
I had to remove part of a cap rail from  my boat after I bonded it with West
System and it actually broke the  wood and not the epoxy.

 The West System is a two part epoxy  and will come in cans. Measuring is simple
and clean using the West  System pumps. One pump of epoxy to one pump of hardener.
There are  three different hardeners I use here in the San Francisco Bay Area. One
is for normal setup time, one is for a longer setup time and the other  is for UV
protection on bright work. There is one other hardener  available for hotter
climates that slows the curing time down. I have  never had to use it here.

 If you live near a West Marine,  go there and buy the little book they have  for
$3.00 and it  explains more of this or visit www.westsystem.com. There is a lot of
information there.

  Regards,

  Brett