[VAL] Re:"optimas"

I have a question about Jell batteries. I know that it is not good to "cook" or
overcharge them, that is why everyone uses only the intelivolt. But what about
charging them with your tow vehicle as you go down the road? Will that cook them?
The fact that you have to add water to the regular battery tells me that
altinators teld to overcharge just a little, will that "cook" the jell battery in
the trailer if you have one and have it wired to charge while driving?
  Joe in Wyoming