Re: [VAL] venting the battery?

The grease does not matter. I use Autozone black Moly. That is the one in
the black and silver container, bet it the gun tube or the little tub. Be
sure to coat the posts and inside the connector very liberally and cover the
outside of the whole thing when thru. Yes, it is a mess so use the blue
surgical type gloves and paper towels. It will be messy for jumper cables
and all that too. It really works.

Remember, grease is a hydocarbon. Is will promote conductivity, not diminish
it. All modern vehicles use grease (dielectric/white) on every bulb socket
and base. Even LED light sockets and bases come loaded with grease. You can
go to Stasco in person or on line and order a tube of bulb grease.

The computer you are using cannot operate without the dielectric grease
under the CPU processor. That grease ensures rapid heat transfer from the
chip to the fan-cooled heat sink. You can buy that from any Fry's
electronics or other electronics supplier.

Throw away that old spray can of corrosion inhibitor. It is just expensive
cheap paint with a red or yellow color. Clean the posts to bright shiny and
the connector too on you car or truck. Reassemble all with the liberal
grease. You will never ever see that scuzzy fuzzy growth on the terminals
again.

Same thing for the bulbs in the vintage trailers. Remove the bulb. Get a
small copper pipe tubing brush from any hardware store. Scrub out that old
socket as bright as you can. Shine the base of the old bulb too and then use
a que-tip to liberally coat the socket and bulb. More is better. Put the
bulb in, wipe the glass with a tissue, and reassemble. You will never have
that loss of ground lighting up the other bulbs when you turn on the
blinker, or not working on the running lights. Do it on every bulb including
the peanut glass spaded little marker bulbs.

This is a one-time time consuming effort that will ensure you years of
trouble-free operations. It really really works.

Also, throw away that ArmorAll. It destroys rubber and plastics. Use
Mop-N-Glow, cheap at Wally World. Put in a old spray bottle. Spray very
lightly. Recoat to the shine you want. Wipe off in a hurry any paint or
metal for a great shine. Can only be removed with amonia. Water and soaps
will not touch it. Never remove shiny from aluminum with amonia. Use Kit Car
wax for that.

The Mop-N-Glow is learned from the Yokahama Tire Rep. I use it and it is
absolutely wonderful and also keeps my white and aluminum rims from rusting
and grease and tar staining.

Hope this helps.

-Eddie-  (713)694-8084 24hrs or email, EddieHuffstetter@hotmail.com