[VAL] RE:were all trailers polished shiney from factory?

They were delivered with the natural finish of the "outside" aluminum sheet face.
There are photographs in many original deliveries in the various publications out
there that show the shine - best described as a satin finish.

If you get a piece of new aluminum (the real kind that comes with the protective
film), that is the finish.  You can still see yourself in it, but it is in no way
a mirror finish.

The factory would polish any manufacturing/assembly blems to the level of the
surrounding finish before delivery or clearcoating.

RJ
http://www.VintageAirstream.com