[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V3 #278

If you are thinking about a new Suburban, take a look at the 2500
coming out this summer.  For the first time, the 2500 Suburban is
said to accommodate the Allison transmission.  And that also means it
can be equipped with the Duramax diesel and I believe the big block
gasoline engine.

We have pulled our 31-foot 2001 Airstream with a 2500 pickup truck
equipped with Duramax and the Allison transmission.  There is 74,000
on the odometer.  About 25,000 miles have been clocked with our
Airstream in tow. We full-time.  We have kids on both coasts.  The
Airstream has seen most of the terrain in between.  We especially
like the Allison tranny  for mountain driving.

Bob Flentke
3117