Re: [VAL] Updated Tradewind Photos

> I updated my 1960 Tradewind project pages. Photos are at:
>
> http://www.cannonconsult.com/Airstream01.html
>
> Help and suggestions welcome!
>
> Bob
> SW Florida USA
> 1960 tradewind 24'

Hi Bob,
I had a good look at your photos and agree with Brad, however I would have a
really good look & poke at the complete perimeter area of your floor before
you form your restoration plan. 98% of all of the Vintage Airstreams (and
many of the newer ones) that come into my shop have some degree of serious
floor rot around the perimeter. As the perimeter floor is an integral part
of the semi monocoque structure of an Airstream, you need to address these
areas first. We addressed many of these issues on some of our earlier
episodes of www.theVAP.com (the Vintage Airstream Podcast) so you may be
enlightened by listening.
I just got back from 4 days at the International Rally in Salem, OR and
loved it. Lots of cool vintage stuff to look at & loads of great company.
Colin Hyde
GSM Vehicles Inc.
Plattsburgh, NY
www.theVAP.com