[VAL] the road to Salem

Hi all,

I had a few minutes this morning so I thought that I would update you all on
our road trip to Salem for the rally. While we did not see a whole lot of
RV's on the road east of the Mississippi once you get west the number of
trailers and motorhomes seems to be just about normal. We have been
traveling through
OH, IN, IL, IA, SD, WY and are now in MT. Traffic seems to have slowed down
a bit from previous years. We are doing 60 mph on the interstates with speed
limits of 70 & 75 and have not once felt that we were being run over by the
other traffic. So far we have stayed at commercial campgrounds. The first
attempt at boondocking was nixed due to a late start and needing to catch up
to the caravan that we joined here in West Glacier. However there are
several spots that are beckoning me back in the Bighorn National Forest
along 14A in WY. Will have to save them for another trip! We have been
getting 15 to 16 mpg and diesel has been below the budgeted $3/gallon.

The scenery has been gorgious! This morning we were to take a Jammer tour of
Glacier National Park's Going-to-the-Sun Road. It has been canceled due to a
landslide, so we will see what we can do on our own.

Scott
1960 Overlander