[VAL] Univolt teltale

Pardon me if this is reinventing the wheel...

From time to time I see mentioned the problem of how to keep the telltale
light function when changing out the old Univolt converters for a more
modern unit that can control battery chareging more effectively. Yesterday,
I changed out the old univolt in the '78 excella with a new, light weight,
modern technology unit, but, of course, the replacement has no connection
for the "AC power" monitor light on the control panel. On my unit, the
converter plugs into a standard dual outlet in the 110v. system. My
solution was to scrounge the thrift store to get a 12 vac wall-wort
transformer from some sort of small appliance. I plugged it in next to the
converter plug and hooked one side of the line to the case of the converter
(ground lug) and the other side to the wire to the control panel. Whenever
shore power is connected, this little transformer runs the telltale. Total
cost  $0.50.