Re: [VAL] 1960 Tradewind questions

> This is my first posting to the group: I am in my early 50's and have a
> AS Tradewind that I want to restore and thought I might also update some
> of the out of sight components. I am in Florida and may want to spend an
> extended period on the road, if I do I will want to continue my internet
> business while traveling.
>
> I am the second owner of a 1960 AS Tradewind. It needs some work and I
> waned to know if:
>
> Anyone have a source of information scanned online or as photo copies
> for the electrical, plumbing and other systems? I know this unit
> predates owner's manuals but the information must be out there
> somewhere. If those with information want I will make space available on
> the web so others might benefit as well.

Livingston's book on RV maintenance isn't Airstream specific, but most
of the systems aren't unique to Airstream either mostly using generic RV
components. Most every RV catalog includes Livingston's book. Also
Amazon.com.

> I know the holding tanks will need replacing and thought I might do the
> potable plumbing as well. Also thought I might upgrade the electric.

Every vintage trailer could use an electrical upgrade. The uses were
fewer in those days and the techniques and materials have improved over
the years.