[VAL] Optima Batteries

My batteries are almost dead, I've had them for about 4 years now and I'm
thinking about deep cycle optima Batteries. I've read that they last twice as
long as regular batteries but they weigh almost 45 lbs each, my plan is to
weld a steel plate to the tongue to hold the batteries. Has any one had any
experience with these types of batteries and would the weight make any
difference? I have a Reese hitch system to help support the weight.

Pete
65 Caravel
Asheville, NC