[VAL] Old Airstream Radio

I just removed the old radio from the airstream. It
did not pick up much. Mostly oldies :-). The one
installed was a Montgomery Ward model, originally with
8 track. The 8 track had been forcibly removed. Read
trashed.

I want to install a new radio and am looking for
recommendations from the more experienced. I was
thinking of possible using an automotive style (12
volt) with proper controls for fade and balance for
the four speakers. The one I removed was 110 volt, but
in that location there are plenty of 12volt wires.

The other question is about the antenna. The
connection to the old radio was a single thin copper
wire attached to the back antenna connection on the
radio. The whole antenna wire consists of what looks
like a plastic tube, wrapped in copper wire, with this
thin copper wire inside. Is there an adapter for the
more modern automotive connection?
Thanks again, bill b.

1969 Sovereign 31'