Re: [VAL] Old Toilets

Charlie,

Since you know about the oldies...

We have a '64 GT and it has the old 'Swirl-O-Matic' toilet, integral
with the fiberglass bench seat. It has a slow leak internally which is a
real pain when boondocking. This uses up precious water and needlessly
fills the black tank, unless I shut the valve, which is inconvenient.

Shari was fortunate to find most if not all of the internal parts as NOS
on ebay. But I am apprehensive about taking the toilet apart after
reading some horror stories on this list a couple years ago. Seems that
whenever someone opens one up, the internals disintegrate. To compound
the problem, the NOS parts are as old as the originals. Any sage advice?

If you deem it unrepairable, are there any modern replacements that will
fit the height of the fiberglass bench seat and look semi-original?

Thanks,
Rob Davis
Denver, CO