[VAL] Custom '48 Liner on Ebay

Hello all,

Just for fun, I wrote the owner offering the '48 custom Liner on Ebay and
asked about a ball park price on completing the interior build out.  Thought
the group might be interested in his reply.  I have the CAD drawings but
contact me if interested since attachments are stripped off if sent to the
list.

Jim Greene
'68 Tradewind (Atlanta)

----------

Jim

Thanks for your e-mail.

I have AutoCAD drawings showing the general internal arrangement that I drew
out for the interior, I will attach some examples in pdf format.  I will be
pleased to provide copies of all the drawings to the successful buyer.

The reason I am selling the trailer is I have been involved with the
development of Airstream's new range for Europe the last 18 months and have
had no time to manage the completion of the Liner.  Hopefully with the
drawings available, you should be able to substitute US spec appliances and
finish the job.

The layout I planned was a rear bathroom (shower on the nearside, WC on the
offside), galley on the offside, dinette on the rearside and either
convertible seating or fixed double bed to the front.  The floorplan attached
shows the fixed bed option.

I would encourage you to speak with Ron Amme of South Jersey RV regarding
possible pricing for finishing the work, either on the phone or via e-mail.
He has recently employed another new technician who he says would be able to
construct a complete new interior from new.  As to pricing, much will depend
on the final standard you aspire to!

This trailer has cost me very considerably more than the starting price shown
in the e-bay auction.  The chassis alone cost me more!

However pricing must reflect what it will sell for now, not what it has cost
to date.  So obviously I have tried to set the e-bay starting price at a level
which I think has regard to what the finished trailer would be worth.   Given
its history, pedigree, the fact the shell is now better than new (the chassis
and floor are far superior to the orginal design), I believe this trailer when
finished should be of comparable worth to a new Airstream.  Say some
$35,000-$40,000, if the interior build is done to a standard commensurate with
what has been done so far.

So, I suggest a budget of $20k to finish the interior would be reasonable.
But please discuss with Ron Amme and make your own other enquiries.

I look forward to any further questions you may have

Kind regards

Anthony Slocock
Product Development Manager
Airstream Europe