[VAL] Where is VIN?

I put off registering my '64 Overlander and now I am paying the
price. I bought the trailer in CO and got a temporary permit to pull
it to UT. Went into UT DMV and did all the paperwork, transfered
title, etc. One of the last steps was to have a local deputy verify
the VIN. Only problem: we can't find the VIN! There is a plate on the
curb side by the door with a couple of numbers on it but neither
match what is on the title. Any ideas where I should look for the --
real-- VIN, or is my CO title incorrect?

Thanks,
Warren