[VAL] RE: Ebay tires

You might want to know if the tires are ST tires or LT tires.  And how old
are they?  I went to a well respected local trailer company and ask if they
could get 7.00x15 ST tires.  They said yes.  I said, are they really ST,
special trailer?  The counter man  said yes again.  When the tires came in
a few days later they were really LT, light truck, tires and the date on
the side said they were 18 months old.  I passed on the opportunity.

ST tires have additional chemicals in the rubber to fight ozone and prevent
checking.  Trailer tires generally don't wear out, they age out.  Fresh ST
tires will last longer and be a better "bargain."  You may find that LT
tires are too stiff in the sidewall to give a smooth ride to your trailer.