[VAL] Pickup topper

I have some questions about which topper is the best
for traveling with an Airstream in tow. I have looked
at a lot of them on the net.

My questions? Security. Will a fiberglass topper or
tonneau really keep out thieves or just cause them to
tear up more equipment getting in to find that all is
there is spare tires, hoses and jackstands?

How about snap type tonneau covers? If not too worried
about security. I will keep the good stuff in the cab
of the truck or in the A/S anyway. Do they really keep
out the weather.

I have read on the A/S forums about the aerodynamic
speculations, so don't really consider that a factor
for me.

I just want something to keep out the weather, not be
jammed up by people trolling for pawnables, and not
cost extra money that I would rather put into the A/S
itself.

Thanks, bill b.

1969 Sovereign 31'