Re: [VAL] Tekonsha Brake Controllers...

> Along those same lines, is that switch really very
>
>practical? My controller(and the one on my previous
>truck) is placed low enough that if I needed to slide
>the switch I would have to disconnect my seat belt.
>The last thing I would choose to do if my trailer went
>squirrely on me. Should I move it?

Yep.

Time may come when the full application of the trailer brakes and a
gentle acceleration by the tow vehicle may be the only thing standing
between you and a jackknife or rollover.

You have to decide if the chance is worth taking, or the situation is
likely to ever occur.

(I can reach mine. And it has, on ice.)

I sure wish the brake controller makers would offer optional remotely
mountable panic switches. BrakeSmart was considering it once upon a
time, but I never heard any more about it. Theirs was supposed to be a
proportional button, but I never saw one in production.

Rick Kunath
WBCCI #3060