Re: [VAL] Question - changing out the Univolt

yes, you will have to add a small fuze "box" (like a car's). It will irk
you that this little piece of plastic, with its see-thru lid, will cost
you $35. But other than that little gouge, replacing the Univolt with an
Intellipower (make sure you get the 9200 model, which includes the
charge wizard) is a matter of bending, striping, identifying
wires--somes a real pain with the large guage of the battery wires (you
don't need battery wires that look like they're going to a starter
motor! you only need to handle the max amps the converter puts out,
maybe even a little less than that. then fuse them appropriately.).

I doubt you'll have any problem figuring out the wires. My Univolt only
had 6 fuzes--you just take those same wires and put them on the new fuse
block. I used an 8-position block so that I could fuze the batteries (I
have two) or remove a fuze to effectively switch a battery out of the
system. These new fuze blocks use automotive fuzes, the little flat
squares, so they are easy to remove using only fingers--one heck of a
lot better than buying a $19 copper knife switch for each battery.

Roger