[VAL] Re: a/c unit replacement

I replaced mine last summer...was easier then i imagined.
a new carrier cost me 500.00 to my door!      OUR LOCAL A/S SCAMMER  DEALLER
WANTED 1200.00
an extension ladder rested against the top of the window frame gets me right
to were i need to be to service or check things out....it did take two if us
and two ladders to hoist the new one up there.
R-22 is what most rooftop units have in them and is not as regulated as R-12.
 I can still get R-12 as i always have a car or two that uses it. I got
online and got myself certified for 35.00
The OZONE thing is a DUPONT patent scam but i will keep my trap shut on that
one!
I would try the fin combs first and then replace the unit if that does not
work!
If you go NEW dont forget the 45.00 heat strip upgrade.  NOT a hair burner
but keeps the trailer moderately confy esp. when your not paying for the elec.
:)

AlanT
Mesa AZ
79 Sovereign