[VAL] Airconditioner rebuilders

Hello,
I suspect that my AC on my '69 Sovereign may soon be
in need of repair. The PO told me that the unit was
about 5 years old, he thought. The inside
part(controls, vents, etc.) looks like it would be the
original. The outside has a new cover but the fins at
the back are mashed to flinders. We have a lot of hail
here. Big and small. I think what happened was that it
got hit by a batch of smaller hail. Some places on the
pipes are bare and other places the fins are as flat
as tin foil. I have seen ads for fin "combs" but am
somewhat reluctant to get up on the roof of the AS
since I am rather large and no longer bounce, like I
once did.

Anyone here have experience with replacing the fin
part? That would be the condenser, I think. I watched
the DIY channel replace a whole unit. Took two men and
a cherry picker device to do it. My unit runs and puts
out cool air, but I know that this summer, here in
Texas, it will be tested to the limit so am looking
for ideas.
thanks, bill b.

1969 Sovereign 31'