[VAL] RE: What is it? Help us solve the Mystery

You didn't include the serial number, but it's probably a California Trailer.  The Safari
and Flying Cloud's by then had the same s/n, and both evidently could be had in any of the
typical layouts of the day - plus fully customizable.  I'm guessing it was an option package
thing.  The fact it is an International model (the globes give it away), and California did
not put an "I" in their s/n's like Ohio until 1964, I'll bet in California that year the
Safari name identified the 22 footer as the International model - the Flying Cloud the base
model.

Prior to 1964 I swear no too Airstreams were alike...

You'll notice all the early '60's Safaris I have aren't alike - just like the Flying Clouds
and Caravanner ilk.  I have mentally taken to lumping models into lengths, 22' in this case,
as that is the only constant.
http://vintageairstream.com/archives/60Safari/index.html
http://vintageairstream.com/archives/60FC/60FC.html

I say it's a Safari - she wins  :>)

Send me a series of pics inside and out and I'll include it in the Safari Archive.

Best of luck,
RJ Dial
webmaster@vintageairstream.com