RE: [VAL] Parking Brake

>Whether one axle will part the twin axle trailer will depend on whether that
>one axle is loaded adequately. If the parking axle happens to be in a dip,
>the lack of equalization in the scheme will make the parking brake function
>poorly. There's probably other good reasons that modern state laws require
>driving brakes on both axles of the dual axle trailer.

Gerald,
You are probably right. I emailed them to ask their advice and for a price
on a system using an A frame mounted handle. That same handle was the
parking brake on my '57 Dodge pickup years ago, and has been used for years
on aircraft service vehicles. Simple, durable, easily adjustable. I think
somebody could go into business just supplying airstreams with all this for
axle replacement--we're all going to have to do it sometime if we plan to
continue using our old trailers.
Ernie