Re: [VAL] Moisture Problems in Cold Weather

>Did you use hard plastic and mount them on the inside frame?

No, over the years we tried plastic film in various thicknesses, fastened and sealed with
various forms of tape.  Considered Gerald's suggestion of aluminum-framed storm windows, but
discarded the idea because it would have used up precious storage space.

Eventually when we got caught in a blizzard without the storms we discovered that they didn't
make much difference in either comfort or propane consumption (furnace never has run all that
much).  We now have traveled three winters without them and haven't missed them.

However, that being said, I must caution that we never have had to overnight at colder than
about 0 or +5.  Were we in Canada or the northern tier of states -- or even Gerald's Iowa --
we would be a lot more cautious.

>I am worried
>about the moisture as will be using my caravel full time in winter.

We have not experienced a moisture problem -- a little condensation or frost on the windows
doesn't hurt anything.  But again, farther north this too might be more of an issue.

         -- Lew #4239

'72 Safari
still luxuriating in Brenham, where the low last night was 30, but the high today probably
will top 70