Re: [VAL] Is: Wheel well sealing, Was: Test and Question

    Bobby,

    Thanks for the added cleaning step.  But still wouldn't the problem be
solved by sealing the edges of the plastic wheel well liner from the inside?
It seems to me a lot easier and just as effective as glassing the outside of
the wheel well.  What say you?

    By the way, vacuum bagging is very cool.  I worked in the aerospace
industry and daily saw spacecraft receive and transmit antennas made using
that method from composite materials laid over shaped and heated mandrills.

    I have a friend who also used vacuum bagging to glue a 1 foot by 10 foot
length of solid 1/4" teak to the inside vertical of the coach roof where the
portlights go.  He filled and faired the fiberglass substrate to the nth
degree and used thickened West System #105 epoxy to bond the teak plank.
Cool photo of the finished job available upon request.

    Thanks,

    Glyn