[VAL] UFO Sighting

That would stand for "Unidentified Fantastic Oddity."
But first as proper etiquette would have it here my name is Paul, I'm in
Virginia and I guess you'd say that I collect vintage Airstream trailers as I've
got 100 feet of them at this point in time.

Now to my story.

The other day I came upon a couple of cars and what appeared to be a late
sixties/early seventies Airstream pulled off the side of the road. Upon passing
the trailer much to my surprise I first noticed the lack of tongue but then saw
the huge windshield and radiator grille on the front side. In dimensional
letters besides the typical "Airstream" of the seventies were even larger letters
reading "Dodge" just above the grille.

After traveling about five miles past this scene my curiosity got the better
of me so I turned back. It turns out that the brakes had gone out on the RV
(six wheeled with two in the front and a pair of dualies in the rear) and the
proud new owner was kind enough to let me tour the inside.

All styling on the outer body said 1970 and yet all cabinetry inside was in
real wood with 1950s cabinet latches.

I'm hoping that there is somebody out there who can fill me in on just what
this beast likely was. And I mean besides a possible hallucination due to my
obsessive interest in the things.

Paul