Fw: [VAL] Gross Combined Wt Rate

This is incorrect.  GCWR (Gross Combined Weight Rating) will not equal GVWR
(Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) + Max Trailer Rating.  The maximum trailer
rating will be acheived with a minimally loaded vehicle, while a vehicle at
GVWR will only be able to pull a significantly lower trailer weight.

The manufacterer is the only one who can tell you the exact GCWR, but a good
guess would be the curb weight (4350 lbs?) of the truck + driver (150 lbs.?)
+ max trailer weight (7000 lbs.?) if I remember the numbers given in
Joanne's original message correctly.  This suggests that for the Toyota
4Runner she is considering the GCWR is probably around 11,500 lbs.  And then
take into account that most here will advise you to give yourself a margin
to this limit (some will suggest 75%-80%, I run at about 90%, but so far
haven't gone anywhere near mountains).  For example, if you adhere to this
advice, at 80%, the resulting GCW (Gross Combined Weight) you should target
should be about 9200 lbs.!  This means that you would only have about 5000
lbs. (9200-4350-150) available for trailer plus passengers & gear carried in
your tow vehicle!

Joe