[VAL] Bowen waterheater flame out?

    All,
As most if not all of you are far wiser than I on all subjects Airstream and
especially on the subject of water heaters, I need some guidance.

My original Bowen, model G6A1, 6.2-gallon water heater initially seems to work
just fine with the pilot staying lit after 30-45 seconds or so.  The burner fires
up just dandy and produces wonderfully hot water that's great for a Navy shower,
 but here's the rub.

It would appear that something like a flameout in the burner section must be occurring
upon attempted restart such as to extinguish the pilot along with it.  The result is
a great single shower but the next day, the water's bone chilling  cold.  The air
slots are adjusted to give the greatest blue flame and least bit of yellow flame tip.
As a matter of fact, they're adjusted all the way to the screw stop, allowing for
maximum air. (Am I saying this right?)

I don't mind relighting the burner somewhat prior to needing hot water again but would
like the thing to work as it should.  Can anyone advise what I might try next to avoid
flameouts?

Thanks,

Glyn