[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V3 #95 [wheels]

Derek;
We bought new Dexter wheels from the trailer supply in Oakland, but took them
back when we discovered that they were not round or true, which would have
maked them very hard to balance. Beware of wheels marked "trailer service only"
or words to that effect.  One reason that well known Airstream parts guy
in So. Cal charges so much for his wheels is that he spins them to test
for true & runout. A lot has been said on this list about balancing
wheels & tires WITH the brake drums. Search the archive.

Gerald is right about the wheel bearings. Check them before moving the trailer.
--
Susan Altstatt
www.altstatt.com