Re: [VAL] Water Heater Question

Hi Cliff,

here are two ways to go with this, one is called a hot rod, an
electrical element that goes inside the exisiting HW tank, and the other
is an on-demand hot water heater, propane. I can't find the link for the
one that several people on this list have used with varying degrees of
happiness.

I still have the regular type in mine, and find that if it is kept clean
( no rust, bugs, crud in the burner,) that it works very well.  In fact
it functions as a sort of propane monitor.  When my tanks get low, it
won't stay lit for long.

My point in all this is that if your HW heater is cranky, you may have
other propane issues.  I would recommend you replace your regulator.
They only last 3-4 years and are the source of 75% of all propane problems.

So I would see why it doesn't work before getting the on demand system
and finding that it misbehaves too.

Daisy