Re: [VAL] It's time for a curbside awnng.

Glyn - Sure, send me the pics. I am cogitating over the same dilemma
with the awning.  I don't have any of the arms however and I realize
that the older units can also be more authentically outfitted with the
awning hemmed on one side with a rope inside that is then threaded into
the "gutter" slide on the street side above the eyebrows. The outside
of the awning has a grommet at each corner that is fastened to rope
that is then anchored to the ground. A metal(?) pole into each grommet
holds it all up. I would appreciate it if someone out there who has
used this method would chime in and let us know if that's basically the
way it's done and if so, how well it works. It sounds like a lot of
time to get the whole thing set up. Is it? How long a piece from
trailer wall to end of awning? stuff like that. Thanks.
Jo Ann