Re: [VAL] Soft Flooring in our 1960 Landyacht

Thanks for the response.  Are your saying that the pinitrating epoxy can be
used in perhaps a small area that is just a little soft?  How difficult is
it to use and where would we get more information on it.  The floor by the
front door is very bad and will need to be torn out completely.  There is
also a "musty" smell when you walk in that indicates to me that we need to
find all the "rot" to get rid of the smell.  The bedroom and bathroom floors
seem to be sound.

When taking up the bad flooring in the front, can we just cut it out at the
wall or do we need to take the interior skin off?  We want to do a good job,
but don't want to create a monster if it isn't necessary.

New questions.

There is an old decal with the large number 1993 on the front of the trailer
above the front windows.  Does anyone know what the number means or stands
for?

Under the couch/bed at the front of the trailer, there is a long round
galvanized water tank.  There is also a galvanized round squatty water tank
under the kitchen sink.  They are connected with copper tubing.  What is the
purpose of having these two tanks.  They must both be very heavy.  Has
anyone replaced them with lighter tanks or is it best to keep the original?
The tanks seem to be in good condition.

I mentioned before we bought the trailer from the guy that had it in the
Mandarin Orange field for the past 5 years (with no use).  Well, we were
able to track down the people he bought it from.  They live just down the
street from us and have owned it since it was new in 1960.  Everything on it
is original except the frig.  He said everything was in good working order
when it was sold to sit out in the field, so we are hoping we can get it
back in working order soon.

Thanks,

Ellen
Penryn, CA