No Subject

I'm Ellen and my husband is Richard.  This is our first "post" and we're very
glad to find this site of other Vintage Airstream owners.  We just purchased a
26' 1960 Airstream in pretty good condition.  It appears the outside and
inside are mostly original.  The floor is the big problem as it is soft and
mushy at the doorway.  The tiles throughout are lifting up and the whole floor
will need to be replaced.  Any suggestions?  We are very excited to have found
this "gem" as we searched for one for a long time.Our goal is to put
everything back to its new condition as much as possible.  We do have some
questions and would appreciate any help or advise any of you can provide.

Does the electrical wiring from the battery to the panel run in the floor or
is it the walls?  Where is it?  Does it have conduit?  Has anyone pulled wires
to replace the old ones?

The propane regulator has a leak.  Can it be rebuilt or is there a source to
buy a new or refurbished one.  Is it important to keep the original style of
the regulator?

We appreciate any help or advise from you.

Ellen