Re: [VAL] Water faucet

Barbara...

You've got it right there...When we dump, after the 'pull' and letting
everything go in one big whoosh, I fill the bowl by standing on the
water-only pedal until the bowl is full to the top, then flush.  This puts a
bunch of water into the black tank and down the hose to clean the ickys out.
I fill and flush 2-3 times.  Several gallons of water.  Usually this is done
at a dump station, so it's slow filling the toilet bowl with just the water
pump banging away, but it gets the job done.  Just to make sure, I also fill
the kitchen sinks at least half full and let them go after finishing with
the black tank.  That way, the whole drain system is 'clean.'

If you don't have the kitchen sink sprayer on your toilet (most do), you
could get a shower adapter...A dime store or hardware store item, it's a
flexible hose with a large rubbery end that fits over the home bathtub
spigot and a hand held shower head on the other end.  I had one when I lived
in an old apt. building that didn't have showers...Low tech and works well.

Judy White
72-27 Int'l Ambassador