RE: [VAL] Always something....

Barb,

For the sake of your equipment I would suggest that you yank all of the
fuses, clean the connections with some contact cleaner (for electrical
connections) and reinsert new fuses.

Corrosion will increase the resistance of the circuit which reduces the
voltage potential at the point where the equipment connects.  Low voltage
can burn equipment or cause a current overdraw on the circuit.  An overdraw
can lead to a fire.  Can you see where I am leading this to?

A fuse is a $1 item.  The time spent cleaning the fuse holder might be 15
minutes per fuse for the uninitiated.  But it is the cheaper (and safer) of
the two.

If your fuse holders are COPPER they may be covered in some green stuff
(verdigris) and in which case come back for more instructions for its clean
up.  Otherwise just use the contact cleaner, or if it makes you feel better
you can use a popsicle stick and some 000 steel wool first and then spray
them down.

Steve Jones
S&M Cycles
Queen Creek, AZ  85242