[VAL] Wiring Info Needed

Last week I replaced the plug and receptacle on the AS.  The old one
had become weathered and not reliable.  I used a standard 7 way plug
and receptacle which works and is clearly marked as trailer end.  My
question:  location - the inspection cover on the inside front of the
trailer, covering the wires which go through the front wall to the
exterior receptacle:  a large red wire is present and hot, but I can't
figure out where it was connected.  My thinking is that it must be the
charge line.  I used the trailer this weekend for 400+ miles and
everything works.  Any one with a wiring schematic or ideas?  I am open
to suggestions.  75 AS, 31', center bath.  Ned Digh