[VAL] Brake magnet disc

    All,

    Today's project is to clean and inspect the brakes and repack the wheel
bearings on my Caravel.  One set of brake shoes so far are almost new
looking and the drum is as smooth as a baby's bottom but while sanding and
painting the curbside brake drum (haven't taken the other one off yet) I
noticed that the magnetic brake disc inside the brake drum is loose within
the three steel rivet holes that hold it in place.  That said, the rivets
themselves are firmly pressed in place in the drum, it's just that their
ends are sloppy in the countersunk holes of the disc.  Should there be a
certain amount of slop there or do I need to replace the rivets and peen
them into the countersunk holes in the disc so as to eliminate the slop?

    If so where might one locate replacement rivets?

    It's at times like this that I have to laugh at myself because by the
time I'm done, this will be the most roadworthy, non moving Airstream on the
west coast.  ; - )

    Thanks in advance,

    Glyn Judson
    1969 Caravel #508