Re: [VAL] waste tank woes

    Tom,

    Go to the Ronco Plastics web site http://www.ronco-plastics.com/ to see
if they have a stock tank that approximates yours.  I know their prices are
a lot better than even the repair quote you got for many of their tanks.
I've dealt with them for years (marine) and have been more than satisfied
with their product, speed and pricing.

    Although I live not too far from them, I've only gone there once, having
ordered the rest by phone.  In each instance the finished tank (with free
fittings installed to your specs) arrived on my door within a week of
ordering.  You may need to fax them an isometric drawing showing fitting
locations and sizes but with that, a credit card number and shipping
address, they take care of the rest.

    For some reason the price they eventually ask is half of what the
catalog states or at least that was the case with all the boat holding tanks
I've had them make.  A price like you got of $450.00 is just obscene.  I'm
sure they can do waaay better.

    Good luck,

    Glyn Judson
    1969 Caravel #508